Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy...

Sorry for the lack of new posts over the last couple of weeks.  It has been incredibly busy on my end of the street as of late.  And on top of life in general, I was busy trying to meet my personal goal of 100 miles walked for the month of March.  Unfortunately, I did not hit my goal.  However, I came dangerously close!

For the month of March, I logged 91.93 miles walked!  So even though I didn't get to meet my goal of 100 miles.  I came less than 10 miles short of it.  And for my first month, that ain't bad!  Considering up until March 1st, I wasn't active in much of anything other then everyday life.  So I am incredibly pleased with my progress and can't hardly wait till the end of April to see how close I will come this month!

Checkout the chart of my total progress.  You will notice some mileage walked in February.  However, I am starting the actual mileage counting on March 1st as the official day that I started working out.



On top of my walking progress, I have lost a total of 8 pounds during the course of March as well.  Also, my workout is growing.  I picked up a cheap (and I mean cheap) dumbbell set that has four plates at 7.5 pounds each (total of 30 pounds, big leagues baby!).  And the set came with an adjustable kettlebell bar which is neat, but it is NOT a suitable replacement for an actual kettlebell in most cases.  However, with the dumbbells and some light use with the kettlebell bar, I have managed to get a decent upper body workout started.

However, I am still working out the kinks with what lifts I am doing and how many sets.  As this is a work in progress, once I have something more set in stone as far as a routine goes, I will try and post the workout on the site for anybody who would like to see it.

And on top of everything else, I have been trying out some killer Android Apps that are helping me achieve some of my goals. So look for some reviews in the coming week or two!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes |