Thursday, October 11, 2012

Guess Who's Back??!!

I know, I know, you probably thought I disappeared right?  Like so many others who seem to start off strong after a short while they start to fizzle out when it comes to fitness.  And yes, that is exactly what happened to me.  After all, one of my points to this blog was to try and be as transparent as possible with you guys when it comes to my fitness and my health habits.

Here is essentially what happened to me in a nutshell.  Earlier this year, we had just booked a Cruise to the beautiful Western Caribbean for May.  By the way, we had a blast.  But this trip basically became inspiration for both myself and my wife to try to get into better shape.  We both started off strong, working out regularly (as I was regularly tracking walking routines of at least 3 to 4 miles at a time) leading up to our trip.

When we returned from vacation, personally it felt as if I lost a huge amount of inspiration to get up and work out.  I didn't stop altogether at first, but my workouts started happening less often.  I found I was making time for gaming sessions, watching television, or just plain being lazy.  All the while I kept telling myself I needed to get back out there and start exercising again.  A few weeks after the trip, I started to get the drive to go back out and hit the trails again.  Then the unavoidable happened.  Work picked up and started to require late evenings.

I am a field service technician in the IT Industry, so a lot of my job requires daily travel to customer locations across my territory.  So I have a lot of time when I am sitting behind the steering wheel and driving during the course of a week's time.  I found myself in situations where I was coming home late most nights of during the week.  Then when I got home, I would lack all drive to get out and exercise.  Once again, I was was just being lazy.

All the while, my wife has been doing great watching her diet and exercising.  And she has been trying to push me back into being active as well.  And it has worked.  She joined a Zumba class the other night and is loving it.  I will not be joining her Zumba class (I'm not that big on dancing), but I have decided to put all of my excuses, complaints, and laziness aside and not let her out do me. Call it pride, arrogance, or whatever. lol

This is not a post about my belly-aching about life being busy.  Instead, I hope you can read this as a letter from someone who has let life's events take control of my everyday routine and I am trying hard to regain that control.  So without any more delay.  Let's go exercise!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes |