Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Workout Routine: Tuesday

As a new parent, trying to balance home responsibilities with getting fit can be a challenge. It is extremely easy to walk in the front door and run all evening either getting things around the house done, quality family time, and giving the little one attention.  That leaves me with either the late evenings or fitting in a quick workout on my lunch break (when I can).


I usually try to make it a "Workout Lunch" several times a week at a minimum.  With my workload, sometimes that isn't feasible either.  So I try to tailor my workouts to be completed somewhere within a 45 to 50 minutes block of time.  This will give me plenty of time to exercise and still leave a few minutes to get ready before heading back to the job.

So here is today's workout routine:


The sets marked with a (PR) designate my personal record to date.  It looks like a simple workout.  However, it took me about 50 minutes (give or take a minute or so) and I was in a mad sweat when I finished.  I have no clue how to results of this workout will play into my current weight loss.  But I know one thing, my abs and shoulders are going to feel this one later today.

And it sure beats sitting around and eating junk on my lunch break!

PS- I do not substitute a workout for a meal.  I do eat, I just eat a quick lunch after my workouts.  It is prudent to replenish your body with water and proper nutrients after exercising.  (In other words, don't flop down on the couch).





*Disclaimer: I am NOT a medical professional. Before starting or participating in ANY exercise routine, please consult your doctor or physician for advice on what may work best for you.  The record of exercise on this page is simply for my personal records and accountability in my fitness goals. Feel free to use any or all of this workout as you see fit.  However, understand you do so at your own risk.  Improper use of exercises or workout equipment can lead to injury.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes |